Saturday, February 9, 2013

Valentine Butterfly Cupcakes with Free Printables!



We are will be making some fun cupcakes for 2 of my boys Valentine's class parties and this is what we came up with for the girls in their classes. We will share our boy Valentine cupcakes tomorrow.  We thought it would be cute to make these Valentine Butterfly Cupcakes using candies that we had. We also shaped our cupcakes into hearts. We included a printable saying "You Make My Heart Flutter".  We are so happy with how cute they turned out!

Valentine Butterfly Cupcakes

Chocolate Cake Mix (Pillsbury)
White Frosting (Pillsbury)
Conversations Pink Heart Candies
Twizzler Strings
Red Sprinkles
Lollipop Sticks
Heart Printable (shown below)

Pre heat the oven to 350. Mix your cake mix according to package directions.  Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. We put a marble on one side of our cupakes to make them into heart shapes.  Bake as directed.  We frosted the top with white frosting.  We added red sprinkles to the back sides of conversation heart candies for the wings using a little bit of frosting.  We cut pieces from 2 Twizzler strings and used that for the body. We cut off pieces from pink Twizzler strings and used that for antennas.  We also added red sprinkles on top of the antennas.  We cut lollipop sticks in half and taped them on the back of our heart cut outs.  Super easy and I am sure the little girls in my boys classes will love them!:)


Here is a close up of the candy butterfly....


Here are the Heart Printables! Just click on it , save,  print, & cut out!


XOXO!

If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



4 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing at Monday Funday!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be the cutest thing I have ever seen! LOVE IT! and thanks for the printable!
    I am visiting from Skip to my Lou, and I have been looking through all your projects. You have some great, great stuff here! I would love it if you'd come over and link up some of your OLDER posts (that's right, Older). I host and oldie's link party, where we strive to give a little more exposure to those old, awesome posts that we were writing when only our moms and husbands were reading our blogs (or was that just me?!?)
    So, consider stopping by!
    http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/02/and-oldie-but-goodie-link-party-5-and.html
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable!! My girls would love these! Thanks for sharing!! :-)

    Brenda
    ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you from Sugar Bee Crafts! I'm your newest follower via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete