Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dr. Seuss Silly Sneetch Pear Snack


There is a birthday coming up for Dr. Seuss and we love making Dr. Seuss fun food!  We wanted to make a healthy Dr. Seuss snack so we came up with this Sneetch Pear Snack!  The Sneetches is one of my boys favorite Dr. Seuss books!  This was so fun to make and my boys really loved this!

Silly Sneetch Pear Snack

1 Pear
4 Raisins
1 Green Grape

You start out by cutting the pear in half. Place the one half on a plate for the body.  Cut around the other half in the shape of the Sneetch's head & beak.  We cut the arms, legs, eyes, & hair using the scraps that we cut off from the head.  We cut up a few raisins t make the pupils, eye brows, and mouth.  We cut a green grape in half and then cut the half into a star for the belly.  


Here is a close up of our Sneetch Snack...


Here are my boys with their Sneetch Snack...


That day, they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches, and no kind of Sneetch is the BEST on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars, and whether they had one or not upon thars.

If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



7 comments:

  1. These Sneetches are perfect! I love how you created the legs, arms, and furry collar out of pear. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny and cute! Love it :) At least that's one way to get kids to eat and have fun at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it how cute and fun and great way to remember the book read
    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is amazing love how this turned out! I hope you'll be adding this to my What We Wore, Read, and Made Wednedsays Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea! I am having my second son's 1st birthday party this weekend and I am doing a Dr. Seuss theme. (sadly I was idiotic enough to not realize it coincided with Dr. Seuss' Birthday :)). I need to try to recreate a few sneetches for the buffet table.

    ReplyDelete