Friday, February 22, 2013

Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Pancake Breakfast


I was having fun in the kitchen with my 2 year old this morning and we came up with this Cat in the Hat Pancake Breakfast!  We will be creating lots of Dr. Suess fun food this week to celebrate his b-day! My older boys learned how to read with Dr. Seuss books & we love them!  This breakfast is pretty easy to make and my 2 year old just loved it!

Cat in the Hat Pancake Breakfast

Pancake Mix (we like this Pillsbury recipe)
Strawberries
Whipped Cream Spray
Turkey Bacon (we like Butterball)

Pour you pancake mix into a pan over low heat in the shape of the cat's head.  Ours was really off, but that's ok. Just cut around the edges using kitchen scissors.  We put a little bit of Nutella in a baggie and snipped off the corner. We decorated the face and made the hair with our Nutella.  We cut a hand full of a few large strawberries in half and layered those with whipped cream spray for the hat.  We made our turkey bacon and cut off strips using kitchen scissors to make whiskers.

Here is my 2 year old with his Cat in the Hat Pancake Breakfast! 


We have made lots of other fun original Dr. Seuss creations and you can find them HERE!


If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



17 comments:

  1. Wow! That is impressive....and yummy! That little guy is very lucky!

    I would love if you share this creation on my Countdown to Dr. Seuss's Birthday linky:
    http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2013/01/countdown-to-dr-seusss-birthday.html

    I hope you stop by! Can't wait for Dr. Seuss's birthday! Oh, I pinned this too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Jill! Your son looks very happy to pose with his special, big pancake:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing! What a lucky little guy to have you cooking for him :) I have a saturday linky that I would love to have you participate in if you have the chance.
    http://teachbesideme.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just ADORABLE! I'm going to make these for my kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That came out perfect! Was wondering how you made the hair and whiskers. Nutella in a bag is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, my boys would love this!

    Karen
    When Is Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it how very cute and your model in the hat a big hit as well
    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! What a fun project and a perfect way to celebrate a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr Suess is the best! Great idea for a fun breakfast... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, so cool! You are a food artist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so creative! Pinned and featuring tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your creativity...so cute!I'll be featuring this week on my Kid's Co-Op post....thanks so much for sharing!http://mummymusingsandmayhem.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete