Sunday, September 2, 2012

Creepy Cupcake Cones


We had some colored ice cream cones here at the house and wanted to make something fun with them. We came up with this Creepy Cupcake Cones.  Seems a bit early to be making Halloween goodies, but my boys think it's never too early to make Halloween goodies!  

They wanted to make the classic monsters so we made The Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, & Dracula.   

Creepy Cupcake Cones

 Cake Mix (we used Pillsbury...any flavor)
Colored Ice Cream Cones (we used Kroger brand)
Chocolate & White Frosting (we used Pillsbury)
Edible Eye Candies
Red Cookie Frosting (we like Betty Crocker brand)
Green Jelly Beans (for Frankenstein)
Assorted Candies & Sprinkles

We started out by making our cupcakes in our cones.  We covered a muffin pan with aluminum foil then poked holes in the foil (this prevents the cones from tipping).  Fill the cones with whatever flavor cake mix that you have just a tiny bit over half way.  Make sure not to fill it more than that or the cake will over flow when baking.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).  

Bride of Frankentein...we had made a few extra regular cupcakes and placed half of one on top of her head. We then piped on frosting around and on top.  We piped on a lightening zig zag strip on her hair with white frosting.  We attached edible eyes, chocolate sprinkles (for lashes), and a small heart candy (for lips) with white frosting. 


Frankenstein...We spread chocolate frosting on top for his hair and then piped on the top sides.  We attached the edible eyes on with frosting and piped on the eye brows & mouth.  We cut a green jelly bean in half for his electrodes.


The Wolf Man...We piped on the hair with chocolate frosting making it stick out.  We made his mouth with red cookie frosting and then attached broken heart candies for his teeth.  We piped on the eye brows just like we did his hair.


Dracula...We spread the chocolate frosting on top and they piped around the top front and sides.  We made a red mouth with the red cookie frosting and then attached a small white broken heart for the fangs.  We attached 2 red heart candies for the bow tie.  



Here are 2 of my boys & best neighborhood buddies with their Creepy Cupcake Cones!


You can check out all of our other Halloween fun food creations HERE!

We just joined Instagram and would love for you to follow along with us!!


Instagram

Let's Stay Connected!!

   

Follow on Bloglovin

37 comments:

  1. These are the best!!! You are so creative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These made me laugh! My boys would love this. You have a lot of really fun stuff here-glad I found you!
    I would love to have you add this (or any of your awesome treats) to a collective link party I co-host, Eat Make Grow: http://www.hideousdreadfulstinky.com/2012/08/eat-make-grow-thursday-5.html
    I host along with two other bloggers, so one link shows up on all three blogs, and we feature a couple of bloggers each week. We're always looking for great content like this! Hope to see you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A absolutely love this. You are always coming up with such amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Mix It Up Monday. Those cones are so cool! I cant wait to make them for my daughter. I love your site because my toddler loves to help me cook. You have all sorts of great recipes we can try together. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet these were so fun to make! What an excellent idea for cones! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable, Jill! Can't wait to see all the Halloween goodies you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Those crack me up Jill! So dang cute.
    L<3VE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FUN! They turned out great, great way to use the cones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! Those are so adorable and perfect for Halloween! I especially love the bride of frankenstein :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Your newest follower via the linkup party at crafty confessions!

    -Jordan :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh they're great, bet the kids went crazy for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are hilarious and too cute! I just love them! I saw your fun share @ Lil' Luna's Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, my boys would go crazy over these! I think my favorite is the Bride of Frankenstein, so funny! We used always ask my mom to make ice cream cone cupcakes to take in to our class for our birthdays, I think it's been too long since I've had one. I'm hosting a new link party if you'd like to share: http://millerfamilyorganizer.blogspot.com/2012/09/show-share-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. My boy would looooove to have one of these too! They are all so fun! My favorite is the wolf man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fabulous! My kids are going to love making them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wildly wacky and great!! Thanks for the laugh.

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original linky party is open

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea and my monster loving boy is going to love it even more! I'm glad I found you through ginger snap crafts, it seems like you have great ideas to get boys involved in the kitchen.

    Julie @ www.manymanyhats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this project! I'd love it if you'd join me on my T.G.I.F. Linky Party that I host every Thursday evening - Sunday.
    http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2012/09/tgif-linky-party-65.html

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are ADORABLE!!! Almost too scarry cute to eat =-) Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great weekend,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are adorable! I especially like the bride of Frankenstein cupcake.

    I'm starting a seasonally themed link party on my blog, and would love to have you join in!

    http://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/fall-into-the-holidays-1/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great idea! My son would love those! I might have to give it a try for a Halloween party. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh these are adorable and perfect for a Halloween Party.

    If you get a chance come link them up at my Fall Edition Pin Party.

    http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/09/pintastic-monday-fall-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. So stinking CUTE!!! LOVE them all. My kids would love these too.
    http://www.craftycagirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have featured this for What I Whipped Up Wednesday tonight! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute. Love all of the options!! Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch!! I hope you will link up again. The party will be live tonight. http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so fun! I LOVE it! I would love if you would share this at my Crazy Cute Party happening right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway that you could win just for linking up! Come on over! ;D

    Between U & Me Blog

    Oh! And I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look so great with the different colored cones. Nice work! I think bride of frankenstein is my fave! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is so lovely! I would love for you to post it at SHOW-licious Crafts Showcase. Just follow the link www.sewlicioushomedecor.com. I love exchanging craft ideas with new friends/readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't know if you have heard of Jeff Dennum the ventriloquist? But your Frankenstein reminds me of his Arab terrorist dummy, Achmed. Besides this, I think your cones are great. Thank you for your time and talent. Trish Butler

    ReplyDelete