Sunday, July 8, 2012

Crabby Croissant Snapwich!


We made these cute little Crab Sandwich Lunches last year after spotting them going through my pictures today.   I remember seeing this cute Crabby Crabwich from Family Fun...


and thought we would make our own version with food that I know my boys will eat.  I know they would not be thrilled if I served them red peppers, olives, and radishes for lunch. Though...they would be ok with the carrots.  We decided to stick with a basic sandwich and a red apple.

All you do is cut the croissant in half and make any sandwich. We made tuna fish. Cut a red apple in half...then cut that half in another half.  Take a small knife and cut the apple pieces into crab claw shapes.  Cut circles with the white part of the apple and pop them in the top with tooth picks.  We cut 2 circles from the peel for the pupils. Press those on the eyes and they will stick.

Such a fun and easy summer lunch to make for the kids...they will love it!

Here is my youngest with another fun and easy crab creation that we came up with over a year ago. Get the how tos here... Crab Apples...


If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!


















34 comments:

  1. Those are too cute!! I'd love if you shared on my Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made a version of this for my daughters beach party last year, and they were a huge hit. We used chicken salad in ours.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - such a fun idea. I'll have to try this with my daughter - I think she'll get a kick out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my cuteness!! Love it...fun :)
    Happy Summer,
    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous idea. These are so creative. I love how you make food so fun. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too cute!!! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I used to make all kinds of cutesy things like this for my kids when they were growing up, too. Guess I'm gonna have to sign on as your newest groupie, so I can pick up some new ideas to entice and entertain my ever-growing herd of grandchildren. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable. My kids are going to absolutely love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are too cute! I'm passing them along to some friends who are doing crab themed party :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. seriously that is too cute! the sandwiches AND the apples!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These area so cute! I love the croissant crabs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! My son is going to LOVE this idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could just see these at a Sponge Bob Party! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My 4 year old granddaughter and I just totally loved looking at your silly food!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute and fun! We'd love for you to link up with us for Tasty Tuesday over at aletteredlife.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are way too cute. Love for you to share them on my linky party!
    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
    Thanks, Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  17. So adorable. I just love all of these fun and cute things that can be created from food!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love it, if you would share this, & any other recipes you may have, on my recipe link up. http://goodrecipesonline.com/organized-linkup-for-all-your-recipes-goodrecipesonline-com/.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute and very creative - as usual!
    I looooooooove seeing your food creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK cute doesn't even begin to describe these! can you link these up at pin'inspiration thursday? please! http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/07/pininspiration-thursday-712.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sooo cute! My daughter would love this. Would love for you to link up at my Pin It Thursday party-- http://www.sweetbellaroos.com/2012/07/12/pin-it-thursday2/

    ReplyDelete
  22. adorable! my girls would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness! Too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Who said you can't play with your food?!?! I love it!!!

    Make sure you stop by and share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party.
    Can't wait to see more posts.
    http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/07/flaunt-it-friday-4_12.html

    Sarah@
    www.blissfulbucketlist.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH, that is so stinkin cute! Love the crab apples too!

    I have a link party you are more than welcome to share these at:
    http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/search/label/Gettin%27%20Krafty%20With%20It

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is too cute! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are ADORABLE!!! What a fun lunch idea!
    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Looking forward to seeing you again on Friday,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete