Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back to School Desk Treats!


I can not believe we are only a couple of weeks away from school starting!  My oldest will be going into 3rd grade and my 6 year old will be going into 1st.  Time is flying by!  I always get so sad when they go back to school. I am one of those that wishes they had a longer summer.  The good news  is...we will start thinking up some fun back to school lunches! We made this Back to School Desk Treat several weeks ago and my boys LOVED it!  It's easy to make and the kids will have fun helping make this.

Back to School Treat Desk...

2 Kellogg Rice Krispie Treats 
Starburst Candy
1 Caramel
Pretzel Sticks
White Cookie Frosting
Black Edible Marker


Take 2 of the Krispie Treats out of the packages.  You will use one for the desk and cut one of them in half to make the chair.  Squeeze on some white frosting on the top of the desk for the paper and let that dry.  We shaped the apple from Starburst candy.  We also made the pencil by pinching off pieces of starburst candy and shaping with our fingers.  The tip of the pencil is a piece of a caramel.  We used black edible marker on the tip of the pencil and the writing on the paper.  We broke off a piece from a pretzel stick and used that for the apple stem.  Press in pretzel sticks in the bottom corners of the desk.


Press the two Krispie Treat halves together to make the chair. Break 2 pretzel sticks in half. Poke the pretzel sticks in the bottom corners for legs.  Everything will stick without using frosting. You might have to make holes with toothpicks for your pretzel sticks to push in easily.


Here is a close up...


This was so much fun to make with my boys and we hope you have fun making this fun back to school treat with your kids!

If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!





22 comments:

  1. This is possibly the most cutest thing I have ever seen. So creative Jill!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. So simple if you buy the rice crispy treats in the box. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is such a cool snack for back to school! I am currently having a linky party for homeschool and back to school spots and ideas. I would love for you to link this up! :)
    http://www.thenatureofgrace.blogspot.com/2012/07/reading-spot-and-homeschool-havens-link.html
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Rice Krispies Treats work so well as the desk and chair and your candy decorations look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super fun. I may have to make some for my students. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill,

    These are so fun. Perfect for a little back to school party perhaps.

    I followed you over from the Sundae Scoop linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute are these little treats ;) cute idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rice krispy treats are so cute, I need to tell my sis in law about these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so awesome...you are motivating me to get out of my SLUMP and food CREATE!!! You are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea! My kids are getting so excited for school to start, they would just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever; if you haven't already, try submitting it to the edible craft section craftgossip.com!
    Linda @ http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, this is so unique! Very cute. If you get the time, I would love for you to share at my party. This week's theme is Back To School and these would be perfect!
    http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2012/08/gimme-five-for-friday-back-to-school_3.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute!! Laura stopping by from Real Momma and the Best of Your Best Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These little guys are SO cute! We are doing a Back-To-School Round-up next week and would love to include these! Let us know if that is ok! Have a great weekend!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  15. We would love for you to feature our Desk Treats..thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think someone plays with her food! But it is certainly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute are those?! Great job. I’d love for you to link up this (and any other ideas you’d like to share) at "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! And great for back to school. I love rice krispie treats.
    I would love to have you link this up at my linky party! http://domesticrandomness.blogspot.com/2012/08/new-to-inlinkz-first-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adorable! And even better because it uses storebought treats!

    ReplyDelete