Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yodalicious Apple Snack


My litte 5 year old is home sick today from school and he asked me to make him a silly snack to help him feel better.  He is the biggest Star Wars fan ever so I decided to make him this Yoda Snack.  This definitely did the trick and he started to feel better just looking at it.  I probably shouldn't have chosen a apple since that is not the best thing on a upset stomach. However, It was so nice seeing him so happy with this from such a long night of torture! I really hope that Yoda can stay put in that tummy of his!

This is so very easy to make and if you have little Star Wars fans like I do then they will love this!

Yodalicious Apple...

1 Large Green Apple
1 Mini Marshmallow
2 Mini Chocolate Chips
Peanut Butter
1 Tooth Pick

Light Saber Snacks...

2 Pretzel Sticks
1 Small Piece of a Red & Blue (or Green) Fruit Roll Up 

Take the apple and cut off the back bottom side to get it to tilt back just a bit.  Save these scraps to cut out the ears, eye lids, and mouth. I shaped our ears using a knife. I broke a tooth pick in half and attached them in the apple with that.   Cut out the other face details with a knife or kitchen scissors and attach them on with peanut butter.

I made the light sabers by wrapping small pieces of fruit roll up around the pretzel sticks.  We came up with this Sweet and Salty Saber idea from our Star Wars party last year using pretzel rods.

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

Pin It

29 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!!! My little guy would be over the moon! Have to try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...my 8 year old was upset that I made something so cool for his brother while he was at school. Looks like I will be making another one of these today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoppin' by from funky polka dot...LOVE this and I'm not sure if my husband or kids will love it more? ~Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I will totally have to try this. What a fabulous Mom you are - hope your little guy is feeling better soon!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute! My son will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. make this we will...yessss....! so cute and hope your little guy feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you make such cute snacks for your little guys! This is adorable - hope he is feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so cute. My boys would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great is this!! Totally making this today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute idea - my 6yr old would love this. Would love if you linked this to my Craftastic party:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute!! I love it. Now following your blog. I blog about lunches for my son too. And your post has caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope he is feeling better now - an apple a day and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My little boy was walking by when I was looking at posts to Somewhat Simple's blog party. He stopped and said, show me that one!!! LOVE it! If you get a chance, stop by and share it at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My son would love this. He just got into Star Wars and now that is about all he talks about. I have to make this for him. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. is it sad that my first thought was how my 19 year old sister would go crazy over this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SUCH a cute idea! Thanks for sharing! Found you via Craft-O-Maniac :)

    -Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
    www.revolutionariesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. And yet another amazing design. Great work! Jodi@ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I shared this with a buddy of mine who has a kiddo with a Star Wars birthday (May the Fourth Be With You). Needless to say, it's going to be added to their snack rotation. Thanks for the fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so much fun! My SIL would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is AWESOME!!!! My kids would flip if I made this for them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute, cute, cut, & cute blog, as well! I found your link at CraftOManiac's party, and wanted to invite you to join in at my linky party!!!! http://stringtownhome.blogspot.com
    Hope you are having a great week!
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. As you already know, you were my #1 most clicked link last week on Mommy Solutions! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your fun meal idea! I appreciate you taking the time to share!

    Have a great week!

    Crystal
    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/05/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-43

    ReplyDelete
  23. I realize that I need to just have a Pinterest board dedicated solely to your creations. Pinned as usual! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    --Trish

    ReplyDelete
  24. This Apple made my day!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. C'est une bonne idée! Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! You Rock! What else can I use instead of peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nutella or if there is a nut allergy I would just wet the marshmallow just a bit & it will stick.

      Delete