Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our 2012 Collection of Star Wars Party Food & Crafts!


We have finally gathered up all of our Star Wars party food into one post and we are so happy to share this years party ideas with all of you!  We tried to make everything unique and original. We also wanted to switch things up from last years Star Wars party.  The picture above is one of our tables from my 6 year olds party. He is the biggest Star Wars fan and just loved all of it! 

This is another table from the party...


We shared our Planet Hoth Wampa Cake last week and you can get the how tos and other pictures for that here....

Here is the table we had the cake on.  We placed Han Solo and one of the AT-ATs outside of the cave cake. We love making scene cakes.  We made our Garbage Masher cake last year and everyone seemed to love that cake.  We tried to get as close to the Wampa and Luke scene as possible.  I am sure some of you Star Wars geeks (including my brother and husband who pointed this out) will see that Han Solo is not in the right clothing outside of the cave, but I am pretty sure none of the children or adults noticed this at the party!;)


Here is my 6 year old birthday boy about to blow out his candle!


This is our Yodamelon and the kids LOVED this!  This would also be great to make for a summer time treat for the kids other than for a party. Very easy to make and you can get the how tos here....


We made this R2D2 craft by covering a Tinker Toys can with white paper.  We flipped over a silver bowl and put that on top. We decorated with construction paper and foil. The arms are from a priority mail box.  My husband had these little blue lights that we taped on the bowl...turned out pretty cool!


We do not eat beef for pork so we eat a lot of Morning Star and Boca soy products.  We thought it would be cute to make ChewBOCCA Burgers instead of Chewbacca. Get it!hehe  All I could think to do on this one is to make his strap and put that on top of the burgers. I just didn't have time to make his face. 
 This was made by cutting dill pickle slices in half and topping with little provolone cheese squares.  You can premake this several days ahead and keep in the fridge.  Just stack 2 pieces of cheese and cut into slices..then cut to make squares.  Takes a few minutes! We grilled the burgers a few minutes before the party started.  There were lots of kids that had never had a soy burger before and loved them!


Kids always love C-3PO so we wanted to make sure to make him out of something.  We decided on Oreo cookie pops and called them C-3P"Oreos".  My brother Brian helped me think up this one.
 They were a hit! Get the how tos here...



We served Dark Side Chips (blue chips) with Jango Mango Salsa (premade from the grocery store).  I wanted to call these Dark Side Doritos, but they are not really Doritos so I didn't. However, I don't think a
bunch of 6 year olds really care!  That is a idea for you though!


I always insist that we serve some veggies at a party so we made Bobba Fett out of vegetables and called them Bobafettables! We served with Boba Fetta Cheese Dip..hehe!


I wanted some other fruit for the kids other than watermelon so we made Yodalicious Fruit out of
grapes and a Storm Trooper out of Fruit Dip.  We made fruit dip and just decorated it with dark grapes cut in half.


Kids love popcorn so we made some and put it in a Star Wars can that my boys had.  We called it Padme Popcorn...


We always have some sort of fun cheese ball and we decided to make a Darth Cheese Ball this year.  You can get the how tos here...



We came up with these Jawa Jigglers & they were so good!
Easy to make too!  Lots of fun for the kids!  You can get the how tos here...


Yes...we actually made Jabba out of Hummus.  My kids love hummus and I thought the name was cute...Jabba the Hummus.:)  Very easy to make!  Get the how tos here...


We served our Jabba the Hummus with Padawan Pitas...


We also made these Star Wars Pops and they were super easy to make.  Can be made ahead.  Kids always love Marshmallows and Fruit Roll Ups! Get the how tos here...


We wanted to throw in some super easy things to save on some time.  We put Teddy Grahams in a bowl and called them Ewokookies.  They do look like little Ewoks and the little kids loved them!


These Jabba the Nuts are another easy and fun idea...


We changed up our drinks this year and had Luke Skywater....


Jawa Juice...


and Saber Soda....


We had Darth Vader masks for the kids....


Here is my happy little 6 year old Jedi Master headed into his jumpy. 


Such a fun day!
We hope that you liked our Star Wars party ideas from this year!

Make sure to check out our Star Wars party from last year here.  Including...Chewy Wookiee Cookies, Garbage Masher Cake, Sweet & Salty Sabers, Little Leia Cakes, Storm Troopops, Han Solo Rolos, Yodamole with Trooper Scoopers, Leia Buns, Storm Trooper Cheese Ball, Falcon Ship Dip, Jar Jar Links in a Blanket, Vader Taters, & Saber Sickles!

These boy party ideas were also featured on Spaceships and Laser Beams.


26 comments:

  1. So fun! I love Star Wars Party Food. Here are mine http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2011/09/use-fork-luke.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow jill! you did awesome...i love them all, but jabba the nuts really gave me a chuckle! we did star wars themed party last year and it's fun coming up with all the stuff, right?! again great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I love coming up with Star Wars party food..so many fun characters! Sugarswings...I am still in love with your Wampa cupcakes...adorable! Tara...cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! I love this idea. Such a cute yoda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute!! I love this idea. Yoda is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun party!! We just had a Star Wars party too. I love all of your fun food ideas - especially those yoda grapes!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy heck! That looks like a lot of work. Love the planet hoth cake. Okay, I love everything. You are a creative genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks...it really wasn't that bad. Everything can be made 2-3 days ahead. We had the party on Sunday afternoon and I saved Saturday to focus on the cake. I made the yodamelon and a couple other things the day of the party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously!?! How stinking cute are you guys.. and my boys would go CRAZY for this party.. simply amazing!
    I am your newest follower~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous party!! Of course, the cake is my favorite part. :0) You are always full of so many creative ideas, how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! Love the JAWA Juice Funny! Awesome cake too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this party. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want you to throw ME a Star Wars party! This really is the coolest I've ever seen! You're so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a strange comp, great idea though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That looks like a lot of fun! Link it up with me on my Wow Us Wednesday, ok? Over at www.familyhomeandlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. My kids would have LOVED this party! Pinning of course! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing fun for families with stay at home moms, and highly expendable income!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the most original food I've seen and I've been searching for days!!! Jabba the Hummus made me LOL and almost wake up my family. :) FUN ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cake is superb. That is perhaps the most unique piece of your Star Wars birthday party. All those edibles are actually unique. Love the burgers :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your ideas. I am taking some of your ideas and turning them into a Star Wars Date Night for me and my husband! Since Disney bought Lucas films I have been trying to get into Star Wars. I am going to be linking back to you on my blog! Such awesome ideas and healthy ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute array of goodies! Love the cake especially. Themed birthday parties are certainly so much fun and a sure fire hit for kids!kids birthday parties nyc

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the best star wars party I saw. The designs were creative and the name were humorous such as the jabba the nuts, and c3poreas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This birthday party looks awesome and great creativity done in food section. I like your great ideas and theme

    sweet 16 venues nyc

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! Awesome ideas! :) I was looking for the best fun snacks for kids, but these are not just easy to prepare, they look super adorable. Very nice site!

    ReplyDelete