Monday, April 16, 2012

Ding Dong Doggies

 

We made these cute little doggies using pre made Hostess Ding Dong cakes and vanilla wafers.  Just something fun we decided to make one day.  My 8 year old actually thought of this one...we just liked the name.:)  They were so easy to make and turned out so cute! 

Ding Dong Doggies...

Hostess Ding Dong Cakes
Vanilla Wafers
Chocolate Cookie Frosting (Betty Crocker)
Edible Eyes
Red Cookie Frosting (you could also use a red heart candy for the tongue)
Brown M&M Candies (or any other brown candy)

Cut some vanilla wafers in half to make the ears using a knife.  Take the other vanilla wafers and cut 2 triangles out of the bottom leaving the a small piece in the middle using kitchen scissors. This will be the tongue.  Round off the edges with the scissors.  It's very easy and works great! 

Take the chocolate cookie frosting and make spots on the ears...if desired.  Attach the ears on with the cookie frosting and let dry.  In the picture I show the ears placed on 2 different ways.  We attached the first ears on the cut side and the other ears are just layed on top.  I like the ears attached on the cut side a bit better.  Attach the nose on with cookie frosting as well.  Use the red cookie frosting for the tongue and the chocolate cookie frosting to dress up the rest of the face.  We used a brown M&M candy for the nose and cut off the top of it. We also used edible eyes. 


We had lots of fun making these!  Would be cute and easy to make for a dog themed party or just some fun for the kids to make themselves! Here is a close up...


Here is my 8 year old with his Ding Dong Doggy...


Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

Pin It

31 comments:

  1. So cute! My two year old would love these! It would make a great sweet for a dessert table for a puppy party. I'd love it if you'd share these at Whimsy Wednesdays. We go live Tuesday night at 8 EST. I love the new background btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will be glad to share! My boys didn't like the pink background so I am playing around with the colors. They wanted me to even out boy colors for them and girl colors for me!ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness these are just too cute! Thank you for sharing you always have such cute & simple ways to decorate food and make it fun! I would love to have you come link up to Sunday Round Up! http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/04/sunday-round-up-5.html Have a wonderful week!
    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some incredible-looking stuff on this blog. I'm stopping by from the UBP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids would love,love,love these! I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award - http://www.yummyinspirations.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/breakfast-in-jar-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are very cute and have a great name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute! I bet they had a blast making them and eating them! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at my linky party (starting this evening)- "Pin It & Win It Wednesday" @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave you a blog award! Stop by and pick it up!
    www.sqaurefunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower from blog hop! Those doggies are so cute! Great birthday idea!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Round Up.
    Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your puppies are so adorable:) I love them and love your use of the Ding Dongs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. Kids come up with the best ideas.

    Visiting from the Mommy Club #40, hope you'll stop by my blog too. :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so cute. You make the most creative food pictures! THanks for sharing at Handmade Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love all of your ideas Jill. These doggies are so adorable. Would you please come by and link your doggies and some of your other awesome ideas to my new linky party, Dare to Share.

    Pam
    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/04/dare-to-share-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found your blog on bloglovin and now following you! I adore all your dishes, so fun and creative!

    - Angela Marie @ http://sunkissedivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so cute! What a great idea for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun site and a really fun treat!! They would be so cute for a school birthday too! Love it! So glad I found you as I'm blog trolling today! I'm now very happily following you and look forward to learning more fun things to make with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those cookies are cute as can be!
    I would love if you stopped by to link it up to my party happening NOW! I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute - I have a linky for sharing what you bake with your kids and I'd love you to join in http://happywhimsicalhearts.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/happy-lil-s-are-baking-16-and-giveaway.html

    Hope to see you there, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopping by from Living Life Intentionally. These are so cute! We love to bake and blog about it too :) I might have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute are these little fellows! The little ones would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are adorable, and so clever and creative as always!! They make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love dogs, so is my whole family
    this is a great idea
    thks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these! You've been featured at Sunday Round Up! come on over and grab a featured button :) http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/04/welcome-to-our-6th-link-party.html
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are super cute! I love Ding Dongs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are just so fun!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party at Embracing Change!
    So happy you were here!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  27. Featured you today! COme see and grab a featured button from my sidebar while you are there!
    Thanks for linking up
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete