Monday, March 12, 2012

Lucky Veggie Rainbow


This is just a simple and fun way to serve up some veggies to the kids for a after school snack on this St. Patrick's week. My kids would never want to eat veggies for a snack unless I serve it up with something fun like this. Works for me..they ate the whole tray!

I just put some crackers (the gold) in a bowl (I used the new Special K cracker chips...my kids LOVE them) and lined up some veggies in the shape of a rainbow. I cut carrots in half, tomatoes, green & yellow peppers (use whatever you have). I made the cloud with Ranch dip...or use dressing. I kept the rainbow small...didn't want to overload them! It's so easy! Give it a try..you just might be surprised at how things like this can get the kids to try new healthy foods!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. My 4 little ones love fruits and vegatables so I really don't have to come up with creative ways to get them to eat them but this is too cute to pass up. I'm going to try it this weekend. I was looking around your site and love your little ideas. Thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..you are lucky! My boys love most fruit, but would never choose to eat veggies for a snack. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this with the munchkins! It does look very cute and appealing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe make the cloud a little bigger and more puffy so that it looks more like a cloud, and less... phallic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the dip is the cloud. So cute! My kids might eat some veggies that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny! I just did a similar thing with my kids yesterday - http://www.meaningfulmama.com/2012/03/day-75-fun-with-st-patricks-food.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! Very cute! I may have to try this tomorrow! Visiting from TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this--I did a similar thing with bell peppers, and was amazed at how happily my kids ate them! I'm featuring this activity tonight in my rainbow-themed Sharing Saturday at http://PreschoolPowolPackets.blogspot.com! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always have more success with getting my 3 boys to eat their veggies when I do something fun with them, but this is the cutest idea ever!

    ReplyDelete