Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lucky Rainbow Breakfast


We haven't posted a breakfast in awhile so here is a Lucky Rainbow Breakfast with a pot of golden eggs for St. Patrick's Day! This is very easy to do and it's a good way to get the kids to eat lots of fruit in the morning!

We made our pot pancake by using pancake mix and adding a little bit of cocoa to the mix. Shape the mix in a heated pan and shape it into a pot. Make another line for the rim. It doesn't have to look perfect...just cut off the edges with kitchen scissors. Place the pancake pot on the plate. Scramble up a couple of eggs and place them in the pot. Line up some fruit for the rainbow. We used pineapple, strawberries, oranges, and green grapes cut in half. Slice a banana for the cloud.

How easy is that and the kids will love it! You can size this down if you would like. This one was for my 8 year old and he eats like a man...seriously! I am pretty sure he was still hungry after this. I am never going to have enough food in this house with all of these boys!!:)

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love it! You always cease to amaze me. I'm hosting my first link party tonight at 8 and I'd love it if you stopped by and linked this up! www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. well how cute is that? I would even eat fruit if it was always that cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, your kids are so lucky to have such a creative mommy in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too much fun! Love this! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete