Friday, March 2, 2012

The Lorax Fruit Snack!


I usually do not post our goodies on Fridays because this is our day for sharing everyone elses creations with our Fun Finds Friday (will post later today) and Link Party (going on now), but we wanted to share this Lorax fruit snack that we made yesterday since today is the birthday of Dr. Seuss! I have this special love for Dr. Seuss since my boys have learned to read with them. There are so many fun Dr. Seuss goodies that we have seen and also made ourselves, but not a lot of healthy ones. My boys LOVED this and it gets the kids to eat some fruit for their snack! It's so easy to make!

We used mandarin oranges, pineapple slices, 1 pretzel stick, 1 tie dyed fruit roll up, and edible eyes (you could just use a marshmallow cut in half and a raisin cut in half for the pupil if you do not have this).

Just shape the oranges into the Lorax. Cut the pineapple slices to make the mustache and eye brows. We put a small orange on for the nose. Cut a couple of strips from any color fruit roll with kitchen scissors and wrap around a pretzel stick. Cut small snips off the sides of the pineapple slice and make the tree...fill it with some more of the pineapple.

It's that easy and the kids will love it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS!!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

Pin It

20 comments:

  1. I love his big pineapple mustache! Great idea! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute snack! I'll have to make at least the Lorax tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! We are big Lorax fans around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love it!! Pinning it to do with my girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!! He is so cute! I have a project party every weekend and I hope you'll come and link this up! http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/03/project-party-weekend-pretty-striped-pencils-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just returned from seeing the movie so I am totally loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we made green eggs (used pesto) and ham in his honor...fun!
    I am your newest follower..(with 5 cooking sons!)..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable. I loved the Lorax when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are SO ADORABLE! Very creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute!! We are so glad that you linked up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute idea! Pinned to our Cooking with Kids Board http://pinterest.com/educatorsspinon/cooking-with-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously you are AMAZING!!! WOW! So did you go see the Lorax movie too? Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Hope to see you again tomorrow,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so totally adorable! I love the Lorax!

    ReplyDelete