Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine Love Mix


We made this Love Mix for Valentine's Day and my kids loved it! We noticed that Quaker makes cereal in the shape of hearts and thought it would be cute mixed with pretzels and other goodies.

For the first one we used Quaker heart cereal, pretzels, peanuts, Valentine M&M's, and alphabet crackers. We had the Kroger brand alphabet crackers (like animal crackers) and we picked out all of the X's and O's. We mixed everything else and we think it looked pretty cute!


For this one we just left out the X's and O's and replaced them with strawberry wafers to give it some more color. Either way is cute...just use what you have! You could also add melted white chocolate and mini candy hearts for a dessert. This is just something easy and fun for the kids to snack on!

If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



12 comments:

  1. Oh my! You have the most amazing collection of beautiful food ideas here on this blog! I've pinned a whole bunch! :) I'm now following your sweet little blog - please come say hi at Just For Daisy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Our boys would love to make this mix, and what an easy grab-and-go snack! I also love the Puppy Love Pot Pies below! I can not wait to try them out!
    Pop by for a visit and check out our first giveaway! www.durrerce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO creative! I hope you link up to my Valentine party at Thematic Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so festive! I love your site. I actually started following you last week when I found you at a link party. Thanks for visiting me at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com. I'll be stopping back tonight to link up my goldfish valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yummy!!! I wish I could find all these ingredients here in Hong Kong. I came over from Shine on Fridays... So many great ideas. would love for you to share this on my next Tasty Tuesday party!
    http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum, yummy! So glad you shared on TGIF! Would you please link up for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute. Good to know about the heart-shaped cereal! What a find! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you give the measurements for the ingredients and how many servings does it make?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is the cereal called? Thanks; it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you cut the waffers without them crumbling?

    ReplyDelete