Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine Pancakes & other Breakfast Ideas


I was looking through our pictures today and found some different Valentines Breafast that we have made in the last few weeks and thought I would share them in one post. All of them are very easy to do!

We made this toast with heart cut out and a egg fried in the middle several weeks back. Some people call this Egg's in a Nest, One Eyed Monsters, or Sunshine Eggs, etc... My kids do not like sunny side up at all (runny yolks gross them out) so I always break the yolk. Just cut out a heart shape with a cookie cutter, place the egg inside, and fry it in a pan. The result is a white heart..they loved it!


Here are a couple of Valentine Pancake ideas that we made one morning with pancakes, strawberries, and whipped cream spray. We made a really large pancake for the small hearts and cut the hearts out with cookie cutters. We made a large pancake for the other one and just cut out a heart with kitchen scissors...



We just made strawberry jelly hearts on our toast with this one...so easy!


Here are some Pop Tart hearts that we cut out with kitchen scissors. I purchased the cheap generic Pop Tart's by mistake so this would look better with regular Pop Tart's. Just something easy and fun for the kids...

14 comments:

  1. I have been loving your blog and it's an inspiration for me and my son to make cute breakfast. Your cute pancakes are just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started following your blog and I must say, it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all darling and SO do-able! Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun - love the jelly hearts on toast - easy and my daughter would love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and Lovely Ideas for V-day...

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet ideas! I host a Monday link party called Make-It-Yourself Monday and would LOVE for you to come and link up with me. Each week, three submissions from the previous week are featured! Visit me at: http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/02/make-it-yourself-monday-15-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute, I don't know how you come up with such amazing stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so cute and such great ideas! I would love for you to stop by our Naturally-Nifty Linky Party #2 and link up there!

    www.natural-nester@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Dropped by from the Show and Tell blog party. I would love to try the Eggs on a Nest. It looks fun and yummy! Happy valentines!

    http://mayjescrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I would love for you to link up at my linky party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute, Jill...love everything. We call our toast with eggs in it, "toads in a hole". Love it with the heart cutout. Very creative! Thanks so much for linking up with Mop It Up Mondays at i should be mopping the floor last week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too much fun with hearts :) Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete