Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party #1 (with Puppy Love S'more Pops)!

We are so excited to be hosting our first link party! For those of you that are not familiar with link parties...this is the BEST way to get your creations out there for people to see them. I LOVE link parties and try to link up our goodies to as many as I can. We wanted to join in on the fun and have our own. We love seeing all of the creative talent out there and would be thrilled for you to link up to our party! Feel free to share with all of your blogging buddies!

We will be featuring our favorites the following week. Since this is our first party we have nothing to feature...so we are sharing these Puppy Love S'more Pops that we made last week. We know that there are a lot of you that are visiting us for the first time for the party and wanted to give you a look at the kind of things we make. We also make lots of fun dinners, snacks, lunches mostly for kids. We also will share recipes and some crafty things from time to time. Take a look around!

On to the Puppy S'more Pops...


We made these fun puppies using Graham Crackers, Pink Marshmallows, Chocolate Cookie Frosting, Candy Hearts, Mini Marshmallows, Mini Chocolate Chips, Red Cookie Frosting, and Lollipop Sticks.

We started out by cutting the graham crackers with a heart cookie cutter. We didn't break any...it will work great! We cut out 1 ear with kitchen scissors (another good thing to use) and used that as a guide to cut out the others. You could use a knife and that will work fine! Cut out a little tongue from scraps as well. Set your pieces down and pull out the frosting and marshmallows. The pieces will look like this...


We flipped our heart cut outs over and squeezed some chocolate cookie frosting on them. Cut the pink marshmallows in half and place on the frosting. Cut one of the marshmallow halves into a triangle to fit. It will look like this...


Place the lollipop stick in the middle of the marshmallows and into the triangle marshmallow. Squeeze a little frosting around it to secure. Squeeze frosting on the other heart and place on the top.

Now for the face and ears. We decided to make spots on the ears. You could just leave them as well. Cut 1 mini marshmallow in half for the eyes. Use the mini chocolate chips for the pupils. Make the mouth and attach the heart candy nose with cookie frosting. We squeezed red cookie frosting on the tongue cut out and pressed that on underneath. Attach the ears on with frosting and let everything dry. This really is easy to do and we loved how they turned out!

Here are some other views...




S'more Pops are my boys favorite treat and we make a lot of them!

Lets move on to the Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party! Don't forget to grab our button! We would love for you to stop back by next week and you just might be featured!

kitchenfunwithmy3sons

Here are just a few things to follow...

*Please link back to Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons. Please put link somewhere on your post or sidebar. You can grab our party button or a text link is fine if that fits better.

*We would also LOVE for you to follow our blog on Google Friend Connect and/or Facebook. This way you can be updated on our parties AND you will get to see lots of fun food!

*Please limit your links to 3 or 4 Crafts, Goodies, any DIY Projects, Printables, Recipes, etc... You get the point!

*Please do not link to giveaways or stores. We love them, but this is not the place for that.

*Please visit some other links and try to comment on them...everyone LOVES comments!

*By entering, you give us permission to feature your projects.

Thanks a whole bunch and we can not wait to see what you have been up to!




57 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! Saw you in the Blog it Forward Hop, New GFC and Facebook follower, Hope you will fan and follow me back!

    http://giveawayhog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pups are adorable!! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those puppies for sure........I miss our dog! Makes me want to get another one! Pretty sweet stuff. Excited to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun treat! I need to go get some heart shaped cookie cutters :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those puppy pops are AWESOME! Love them! I linked up the max 4 posts, I won't do that every week, promise! Congrats on your first link party and a HUGE thanks for the invite! Going to go tweet about it and spread the word ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for calling by at my blog and inviting me to join your linky party! I'm very pleased to have found your delicious blog and am now following with GFC and on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those puppies, super adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting! Beautiful puppies too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these puppy pops! Thanks for hosting the party. I'm a new follower, you have so many creative things on your site!

    Alyssa
    http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill - Thanks for the invite. I am so glad you did so I could find your blog! These smores are so stinkin' adorable!! I have picky eaters but I was looking thru your blog and I think they will love what you create! Following you now and really looking forward to what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pups; super cute! Thanks for the invite to link up my musical cupcakes. I love checking out everyone's projects. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks bunches for inviting me to your linky party!! And the Puppy Smores are too cute:D

    Maysem @ odetoinspiration.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those puppies are so adorable!! So excited for your party! Thanks for hosting!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jill, Thank you for the invite! I am all linked up! Good luck on your first party!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http://madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the puppies!! Too cute!! Thanks for inviting me to your party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These puppies are WAY cute!! You are so creative & artistic!!! Thanks for the invite, I linked up the fish cake - you have TONS of people linking up for your first party that is AMAZING!! =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by School Time Snippets and giving me an opportunity to link up!

    Love all your food ideas and the Smore Pups are adorable!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like your first party is a complete success! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the party! Im all about cooking with my girls! I'm linked up and your newest GFC follower. Stop over and link up this post or others in my Valentine link up today. All post linked up today will get a pin from Pinterest. I'm following you there, too! Stop in :)

    http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-friday-valentine-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the invite!! Your little guys are adorable! <3

    www.reneequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are adorable!! Pinning them to do with my kiddos! Thanks for the invite to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the puppy pops! (I know my five will go crazy for these!)
    Thank you for hosting this linky party!
    ~Jen @ hutchinsonherd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really cute puppy pops. Thanks for the invite. I've added your blog to my link party list.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for the invite! Those puppy pops are so adorable. I can't wait to make them with my little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your new party! I've been a follower of your blog for a good bit now and always love seeing all your super cute creations with food (and Halloween costumes - so cute!). You are so very creative. I linked up some Valentine Heart Cookies, thanks for hosting! :)

    www.mycakecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you everyone! We love seeing all of your creations...thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. there are so cute! And what a great idea! I will pin it! Love your blog! Thank you for stoping by www.minikcupcakes.com and give me the opportunity to stoping by you! I will grab your button, if that's ok! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those puppy pops are adorable! Thanks for the invite to link up - everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How fun. I love your cookie creation. So adorable. :) Thank you for inviting me to your linky party. I'm sharing my Strawberry Sweetheart Macarons. Have a wonderful weekend. I'm going to browse around to see what others are cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jill thanks for the invite, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an adorble site you have! (And you are almost to 1,000 followers!) Thanks for inviting me over, and I'm excited to join in all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jill, thanks for the invite! Have linked up my Savory Hand Pies post. Happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So, so cute! Just seeing those little puppy dogs made me smile. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your little puppies are so cute, my three year old would love those for sure! Thanks for hosting the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your little puppies. I work for a Vet and love any animal ideals

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is so cute! I love projects that feature cookie cutters! I pinned your craft to my board "Ways to Use Cookie Cutters!". Take a look. I hope you will find tons of new ideas to try with your boys.

    http://pinterest.com/buggal1989/ways-to-use-cookie-cutters/

    I also am doing a series of posts/tutorials on uses for cookie cutters other than making sugar cookies. I think you will find some things to do with your boys (most are tried and tested with neices and nephews, my children, and assorted other children!).

    http://buggalcrafts.wordpress.com/
    melba

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW! your puppy pops look fantastic! Thank you so much for hosting the party and inviting me over! I'm your newest follower. Would love if you would stop by and follow back, if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks so much for the invite Jill! And Congrats on the great turnout for your party!

    Those puppy pops looks so cute, how fun!!

    I'm happy to be your newest follower.
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank You for hosting a fun party!! I am a newbie to blogging and your site, but so very happy I found you! I am following on facebook...

    Thanks,
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Jill
    Your puppet pops are ADORABLE
    The cutest thing I've seen in a long time
    You are very creative

    I'm sharing my "Neapolitan 5-layer Birthday Cake"
    Thank you for hosting this inspiring party, and I hope you have a great week
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those pops are so cute! What a great idea. I just linked up my malted milk ball cupcakes, thanks for hosting! Can't wait to check out some great posts on here!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for the invitation to link up my Peg Doll Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Super cute treats, thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Visiting from I Heart Nap Time's Sundae Scoop :)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your blog is so fun And the party is great!
    Thanks for inviting me. I am your newest follower :)
    Make it a great day!
    Meegan
    whatmeeganmakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you so much for the invite. You throw such a nice party!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you for hosting! I'll have fun explore the links!

    ReplyDelete
  48. The smores are absolutely adorable! Too cute! I added a link to the party. Thx for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Look at you, Jill; What a big success your first party is! I'm late, but will join in on the fun this Friday:)
    Love your puppy, especially his spotted ears:)

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a fun and yummy project! :)
    Love for you to join in my linky party on Wednesdays if you get a chance :)

    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-18-linky-party-and-features.html

    -Q

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!!
    - - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Puppy pops are so adorable...Added your party to my events list & linked chocolate cupcakes...Happy Hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. These are soooo cute. We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you back next Saturday with more fun ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  54. I featured this at TGIF this week - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/02/tgif-linky-party-17.html - Come stop on by & grab an I was featured button & link up whatever you've been working on this week!! Thanks again for linking up & sharing your creativity with all of us!!!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh I love this! I don't have any recipes at this time so I didn't join the hop. I do the sign of the Day. Today's sign is DOG. but I can't wait to have a recipe and join this hop! Thanks!
    www.hearmyhandsasl.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I featured your project today :)

    Thanks for joining JAQS Studio "Made by ME" Linky party!

    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-19-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  57. Just a note to let you know you've been featured on Wicked Awesome Wednesday! Congratulations and thank you for sharing this yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete