Monday, February 6, 2012

Hugs and Kisses Lunch


We made this Valentine Lunch the other day and it's such a fun way to let your little ones know how much you love them! Plus...they get pb&j (my boys favorite)!

This is very simple to make. All you need is 2 slices of bread, peanut butter & strawberry jelly, a couple of corn tortillas, and 1 red apple.

We cut our bread into the shape of lips with kitchen scissors. Cut one of them and use that one as a guide for the other piece. Spread peanut butter on the inside and the jelly on the outside. Cut a slit down the middle.

Cut the apple in half and scoop out the seeds in the middle. Cut around the edges with a knife into a heart shape.

Pre-heat the oven to 350. Cut out the X and O shapes from the tortillas. We used round cookie cutters to make our O's and cut the X's by hand. Cut out one and use that for a guide for the rest. Place the shapes on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake for about 8 minutes or so...just until lightly golden.

You could also add a chocolate kiss on the plate...we just didn't have any.

If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



18 comments:

  1. Cute idea.....love to v,d&l

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Jill! I adore your blog. You're one of my go-to sources for Bento ideas for my boys. LOVE that you used tortillas for this. Will definitely be doing this in the next week or so! Would be delighted for you to link up to Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sincerely cute idea! my children would love this. I'm doin' it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea! Thanks for inviting me to your party, i will stop by on Friday
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Creative Mondays :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to have found this blog! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are happy that you found us...so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love it!!

    -heather
    @ www.made-famous-by.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! So cute! I saw this on Skip to My Lou I would love it if you would share this with our readers too for Fun Stuff Fridays! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO CUTE!!!!! I love it and my kids would too!

    I'd love if you'd link this up at our first ever linky party! We're partying now!
    http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/02/spotlight-saturday-1-our-first-linky.html

    xoxo, Mallory @ Classy Clutter

    ReplyDelete
  11. cutest idea!! first time visitor :) ~nancy~

    ReplyDelete