Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine Spaghetti


We had fun with our spaghetti last week and made hearts out of it for Valentine's Day. My kids LOVE spaghetti...it's their favorite. My boys were extremely hungry the night we made this so we did this very quickly! I think we spent like 5 minutes making this...it's so easy to do!

We used whole wheat spaghetti noodles (we like Ronzini Healthy Harvest) , spaghetti sauce, & 2 bread sticks. Just boil the noodles, make the sauce, and bake some bread sticks. Shape the noodles on the plate into a heart. Put the sauce on top. Cut the ends off of 2 bread sticks at a angle and make the arrow out of that. Just use our picture as a guide. We wrote I love you on top with noodles. It's a fun way to write something sweet to your little ones for dinner.

The writing would stand out a bit more if you used regular spaghetti instead of whole wheat. Whole wheat pasta and breads are all we ever have in this house. Another idea is to write something with parmesan or mozzarella cheese. You could also do this with any kind pasta noodles.

My boys were thrilled with this fun dinner and I am sure we will be making this regularly!



If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



10 comments:

  1. cute idea- love the bread stick arrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I have posted a link to this on the Mess for Less Facebook page. I am visiting from Sun Scholars. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I'm doing a Valentine meal roundup and would love to include this if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! I would love it if you would share at our sharing party tomorrow at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea--especially since it is so quick and simple. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm sure the boys loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! Would you be willing to link this up to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you on Tip Junkie. Would you please share this with my readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays Valentine's Linky Party? I think it would be a great fit. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete