Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentine Heart Pita Pizzas



We made these fun Love Pizza's out of pita bread a couple weeks ago and we loved how they turned out! There are so many ways you could decorate these. They were the perfect size for my 5 and 8 year old! These would be fun for the kids to decorate on their own or surprise them with a special message on a pizza heart for a Valentine's dinner!

We used whole wheat pitas, marinara sauce, mozzerella cheese, turkey pepperoni, and sliced black olives.

We cut a heart shape from the pita bread with kitchen scissors. Spread the marinara sauce (or pizza sauce) on top. Sprinkle with mozzerella cheese. We cut heart shapes out of our turkey pepperoni on one. You could also cut out hearts from a red bell pepper. We cut out small circles from the pepperoni with a cookie cutter that we have for the other one and wrote BE MINE with the sliced black olives. You could also write something with the shredded cheese, green peppers, or sausage. Just be creative and use what you have!

Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. This is so easy and the kids will love it!

If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



14 comments:

  1. Another YUMMY creation - Love this one too (no pun intended -lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! We eat pita bread pizzas often but I hadn't thought of this! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! I love this one too!! My kids will enjoy it for sure!!
    By the way, I am sharing all this posts at my blog, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!!


    I invite you to add this post (or any other Valentine's Day posts) the Find Some Love Fest on February 1st! 5 blogs, 1 party!

    http://www.feedingmytemple.com/2012/01/exciting-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not that crafty with food, but this I could easily do. A great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! I would love it if you would share them at my sharing party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/01/sharing-saturday-2.html. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These heart pizzas are so cute!! What a fun February lunch! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute is this!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday
    Hope to see you next time

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! Just shared on our cooking with kids board. We made big versions last year and they kids loved it! http://pinterest.com/educatorsspinon/cooking-with-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  12. My boys are going to LOVE these. I just added pita and pepperoni to my grocery shopping list for the week. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete