Thursday, January 12, 2012

May The DINNER COURSE Be With You!


We had left overs for dinner last night and everyone got something different. My 5 year old wanted a left over hot dog and asked if I could make him a Star Wars dinner. I said sure..why not! We decided to make Chewbacca, Yoda, and a Storm Trooper. This is what we came up with and it turned out pretty cute! He thought it was awesome!!

To make the Chewy Dogs we used a hot dog bun, a turkey hot dog, white cheese, and barbecue sauce (you could use ketchup). Just make the hot dog, put it in the bun then flip it to the side. Cut out the bottom middle to make legs and use the scraps to make the arms. We squirted on just a little bit of sauce to make the face and band. We cut a couple of strips from a cheese slice to design the band and the teeth for his mouth.

To make this Yodalicious Salad you will need lettuce, white cheese (or ranch dressing), and 1 raisin. Just shape the torn lettuce in the shape of Yoda's head. Cut 2 small pieces of the white cheese to make the eyes. Cut a raisin in half and press on the cheese for the pupil. We cut out another small piece of lettuce to make eye lids, a nose, and a mouth. A fun way to get kids to eat some salad! Yoda says...mmmm, yummy salad this is indeed!

We made the Storm Taters by shaping our mashed potatoes in the shape of a Storm Troopers head. We used raisins for details. You could also use black olives.

Here is my little Jedi with his Star Wars Dinner making his serious Jedi face...


This is a such a fun and very easy dinner to make for your little Star Wars fan. My boys love to turn anything in Star Wars..they are total Star Wars fanatics!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

Pin It

34 comments:

  1. That is hilarious. I love it! I'm all over the Yoda Salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! My boys would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! Its all I can do to get a dinner cooked even without making it a fantastic creation. That is the coolest thing ever! You win "Mom of the Year"! Do your kiddos know how blessed they are???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...thanks Laura! We have lots of fun in our kitchen and my boys are very appreciative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are HUGE Star Wars fans! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son would love this lunch! He is so into Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I found you via TGIF Linky Party and am a new follower. I have a new meme called Thematic Thursday and this week's theme is Winter/Snow. I'd love to see this post linked up. Find Thematic Thursday here. You should also check out my Bento Blog Network blog! You've got some cute things to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this idea!! My son is all about Star Wars. Just might have to try this. Stopping by from TGIF Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creative ideas never cease to amaze me! I have tons of friends who love Star Wars and I have pinned this post for them. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun, what a great Star Wars Meal, my kids would have loved this when they were younger, I bet they would still like it! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome!!! My kids would love this ... in a couple years :p can you do Cars or Thomas? lol Thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. My little Star Wars nut would love this........I'd love for you to share this at my "link & Greet" party over @CountryMommaCooks...Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pretty sure my husband would LOVE this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found this post on Pinterest and just had to share it over on Geek Crafts! :)

    http://geekcrafts.com/vegetables-you-will-eat/

    The Force is strong with you Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great-- I'll be sure to share this with my friends that have children!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! This is awesome! I'm definitely doing this for my kids! I found you through Serenity You. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Featuring at Bacon Time this Thursday. Please stop by to enter our Valentine contest too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone and thanks Mindie and Troublet for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet your son loves this! When my son gets older I'm sure he'll also want something like this! So inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  20. my son would love this!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday
    Hope to see you next time

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just wanted to let you know I featured this at TGIF Linky Party here - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/01/tgif-linky-party-13.html - Feel free to stop by and grab an I was featured button and link up again this week! Thanks for sharing your creativing with all of us!!
    Beth =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. https://m.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=662035370&v=photos&album=a.10151049392260371.770744.662035370&cps&__user=68100666

    I thought you should know, this girl is trying your claim your food art as her own.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a great lunch idea! I'd love to have you share this with our readers. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. My boys would LOVE this!

    How do you create such amazing stuff. Do you sit down and sketch out your fun food idea, or do you just wing it?

    Sharing on Facebook. Thanks for linking up your mommy solution!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks! Crystal...we mostly just wing it. Everything just turns out better that way. If I have planned something in the past we end up changing it up as we go along anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! You are amazing! So trying this!

    ReplyDelete