Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's a Groundhog Lunch!


I thought we had shared this Groundhog Lunch awhile back, but I couldn't find it. What a perfect time to share it when it's just a couple of weeks before Groundhogs Day!

We made this lunch using 3 pieces dark german wheat bread, peanut butter & jelly, 1 banana, 1 dark grape (or raisins), and edible grass (you could use lettuce or grapes,etc...).

We just cut our bread with kitchen scissors in a head shape. Cut the other piece the same using the first piece as a guide. We used a extra piece of bread to make feet. Spread peanut butter and jelly in between or turkey and cheese. Decorate the face by cutting 1 dark grape for the nose and cut a banana for the teeth and eyes. We use bread scraps to make the pupils and whiskers. We happened to have edible grass, but you could use lettuce, green or dark grapes etc...to put around him.

We will be sharing some other fun Ground Hog's Day ideas next week so check back!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. so cute....love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun!!! I'd love to invite you to link up with us for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You have so many cute ideas! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! i love groundhog day! I made it a printable since it is a holiday usually skipped:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is waaaay cute!! I am sharing it with my Facebook readers!
    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! I can't believe you take so much time in the kitchen with your kids, I've always been an "in and out" kind of cooker, but you are totally inspiring me to put a little more effort into the aesthetics of food! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Paxton, I am so glad to hear that. Our kitchen time together is so special to me..we will have lots of great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute idea!! So fun for the kids!! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you back next Saturday and share more of your recipes and ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable!! I love it! I found you through Ginger Snap Crafts and your Groundhog caught my eye. Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you on Skip to My Lou. Could you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever and cute! I included it in my Moms on Monday feature for January 29. Hop on over to A Pinch of Joy if you'd like to see it and please feel free to grab a Thank You bouquet from the Button Box.

    ReplyDelete