Sunday, January 22, 2012

Groundhog Day Desserts


We made a couple of fun Groundhogs Day Desserts last night and we thought they turned out super cute!

For this one we used chocolate pudding, 3 vanilla wafers, edible eyes, choclate cookie frosting, whipped cream spray, 1 chocolate chip and 1 mini marshmallow. We spread our chocolate pudding on a small plate. We decorated 1 vanilla wafer with the edible eyes, chocolate chip for the nose, and cut a mini marshmallow for the teeth. We cut up 1 vanilla wafer to make the ears and feet. We used kitchen scissors and that worked out great! We attached everything with Betty Crocker cookie frosting. We put a little pudding in between the 2 wafers and put the Groundhog on top of the pudding. We did crush just a small amount of 1 oreo half and sprinkled that on top of the pudding to look like dirt. We squirted on the whipped cream around the pudding and put a little bit on his head to look like snow. Place on the feet and then your done!


For this one we just used a little ramekin dish. Spoon in the pudding and place the Groundhog on top using the directions above.


You could also just use one of those premade pudding cups and make the Groundhog to go on top. Get the kids in the kitchen to help with it so they can have some fun!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Ohhh, these are adorable! Pinning them right now and sharing on my FB page... I love making a little Groundhog's Day treat for my 3 boys too!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are SUPER cute!! Were they an original idea?! I wanted to let you know I loooove your blog and all of your awesome kitchen creations. I just started up a new Sunday linky party called 'Show it Off Sunday: From Pins to Projects' and would love you to link up one of your recipes that you did as a result of a pin - I hope to host weekly, so if you aren't interested this week - maybe next!

    Amber
    http://www.thebinkertation.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We just come up with stuff with what we have in our kitchen. We try not to plan anything...it just turns out better that way. I will link up to your party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh pleeeeease will you share this at my party? Groundhog Day always makes me think of my grandfather; it was his favorite holiday, for some reason. :) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started a Groundhog day board on Pinterest *just* so I could pin these adorable desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from The Southern Institute link up. I love all of your recipes and projects but I really love groundhogs. I'm definitely pinning this. I made some Groundhog and his Shadow pancakes over the weekend if you and your boys want another cooking project - http://www.chocolatecakemoments.com/2012/family-fun-ideas-2/family-fun-ideas/cooking-with-the-kids/yummy-groundhog-day-pancakes/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SUCH a cute idea! I've never thought to do Groundhog Day desserts... Kinda skipped over that each year. But these are so cute and easy I might have to give it a try!
    I'm hosting a party Tuesday here: www.onetoughmom.blogspot.com - wouild love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are so cute! thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Thanks, I love finding fun new "holiday" foods!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love for you to add this recipe to my Famous Linkz Party!! I have one every Wednesday.
    Hugs,
    Heather
    www.made-famous-by.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! Think I'll make this for my little guy next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you on Skip to My Lou. Could you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy-oh! I"d LOVE for you to come link this up in my Happy Friday- theme is Chocolate today! (even other chocolate related post!)

    Thank you and have a super weekend. Susie

    http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-friday-link-up-chocolate.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh! I love these! I'm going to feature them tomorrow when I share ideas for Groundhog's Day at http://PreschoolPowolPackets.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these! They are so cute!! Where do you find edible eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! Your super cute groundhog is being featured today at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stopping by to let you know that I've featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/groundhog-day-desserts/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
    featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete