Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Turkey Turkey Burgers!



We made burgers last night for dinner and thought it would be cute to make actual turkey's out of our Turkey  Turkey Burgers.

We cooked our turkey burgers in a pan and then set aside to cool down just a bit. We cut half a slice of cheddar and provolone cheese into feather shapes around the edges. We sliced a pickle and put the slices in the middle of our cheeses. Place the bottom of the bun on the plate and on top of the feathers. Add the turkey burger on top. We used another bottom of a bun to cut out the head and wings with kitchen scissors. Cut out pieces of scrap provolone cheese for the eyes (we used a very small round cutter). Cut out the beak and feet from the scrap cheddar cheese. We cut the tips off of the pickle for the eye balls. Squeeze ketchup on for the waddle.

The kids will have fun making their own turkey burgers! There are so many other things you could use for the feathers like...green beans, carrots, sweet potato fries, mustard, ketchup, etc...

If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



11 comments:

  1. These are so cute I love it. Who knew food could be so much fun!!!

    I'm a new GFC follower stopping by from the Blog It Forward Tuesday Hop. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog, iluvtosave.net!

    ~Ola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so cute!! My boys would love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable! I'd LOVE for you to come link up this post and any of your other holiday related post. I'm hosting a Holiday (Nov-Jan) Ideas, Crafts & Recipes Link up. http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/11/pumpkin-cheesecake-recipe-yum.html


    Have a great day, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so lucky! You make fun foods for them all the time :D
    Thank you so much for adding my button on your blog. I also added your site on my blogroll. I'm sure my readers will love your blog as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! You and Tiffany Yang are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love every one of your posts! Would you share this here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooooooo cute! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get over how cute and fun these are! I have to try them! I featured this over at my blog
    www.mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com

    Have a great week. Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so cute! What a great idea! I hope you will link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up!

    ReplyDelete