Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gobble Gobble S'mores Pops!



We make a lot of s'mores in this house...even turkey s'mores! You will see a lot of s'mores pops on our blog. My boys just love them! We tried to stick with as many s'mores ingredients as possible so we even made the feathers with marshmallows. There are so many other fun things you could use in place of cutting the marshmallow. However, it's very easy to do!

We used graham crackers, jumbo marshmallows, colored sprinkles, chocolate and white cookie frosting, milk duds, and gum drops.

We cut our graham cracker into a circle with a round cookie cutter. I thought they would break, but it cut right through without a problem...


We cut our jumbo marshmallows in half. It fits perfect on the graham cracker...


Poke the marshmallow on the stick. Add the chocolate cookie frosting on both sides of the marshmallow and press in between the graham crackers. Set it aside to dry. Cut another jumbo marshmallow into strips for the feathers like this...


We had small bowls of differert colored sprinkles and pressed the sticky side of our marshmallow strips in the sprinkles. We glued our feathers on the back side of the marshmallow with white cookie frosting. We cut up a orange gum drop for the feet and beak. We cut a red gum drop for the wattle under his nose. We ran out of edible eyes so we used white and chocolate cookie frosting to make the eyes. We have a ton of milk duds from left over Halloween candy so we attached those onto the graham cracker for the head with our chocolate cookie frosting. Any round chocolate candy would work.

My boys loved them! These would be great for a school party. The boys ran around with them and they stay put!


Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

14 comments:

  1. They're adorable! You are one clever mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute!
    I found your link on Tip Junkie:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I would love if you linked this up at www.thecsiproject on Thursday. The challenge this week is Thanksgiving/fall so this would be perfect and you have a chance to win the top prize and a great giveaway.
    Come on by for great tutorials this week too!
    www.thecsiproject.com
    Smiles
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so stinkin' adorable! I would jump up and down if you'd share these at my holiday themed party! I just love everything you make, girl!

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/our-home-for-holidays-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! So cute. I love kids in the kitchen. Mine are are past doing this fun stuff but I still enjoy looking. I'd LOVE for you to come link this up in my Holiday Tips, Crafts & Recipe Link up! I'm new to your blog and will be back!
    http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/11/pumpkin-cheesecake-recipe-yum.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! My daughter would love them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I always seem to be the mom in charge of the preschool Thanksgiving party and these would be perfect!

    We are having a Home for the Holidays link party on our blog and I know that our readers would think the turkey smore pops are amazing! We would love for you to join us!

    http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2011/11/home-for-holidays-link-party_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have the cutest ideas. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute!

    I would love for you to link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love S'mores, what a fun idea! I am sure your kids love it! I am having a Turkey SHow Off party on my blog Friday, complete with prizes, I would love for you to come!

    Carlee
    http://www.ladybirdln.com/2011/11/turkey-daze.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a yummy and cute snack!

    I hope you will link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up!

    ReplyDelete