Monday, November 28, 2011

Give the Gift of Lunch!



We made this fun Gift Sandwich with Christmas Tree Chips and it's so simple to make! We used 2 pieces of bread, peanut butter and jelly, 1 red fruit roll up, 1 spinach tortilla, kosher salt, and cooking spray.

We cut our bread into a square. We spread peanut butter & jelly on the inside. We cut our red fruit roll up with kitchen scissors to look like a ribbon and bow. We cut tree shapes out of the spinach tortilla using tree cookie cutters. Place the trees on a cookie sheet and spray both sides with cooking spray. Sprinkle with kosher salt and bake at 350 for 8 minutes (we did 10 min. and ours were just a tad bit over done).

My boys loved this! You could make any kind of sandwich and the tree chips are a great way to get the kids to gobble up some spinach!

If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!



12 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! So glad you shared at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinned this (and scoobs)! I am soo in love with your site! I will be back often, if not more! Newest GFC 'stalker'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohgoodgolly, supercool idea! We've got Santa and Snowman cutters that would be perfect for this.
    Found you through TCB...have a cheery day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable. Sometimes, especially around the holidays, I will have the whole week planned and I just don't get to my dinner ideas, easy and quick solutions are what I turn to! My kids will love making these and probably hope I get too busy for dinner more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute!!! your kids must think you are THE best! (as they should :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, it's me again. I'm just letting you know I featured this on my blog today!

    http://passionateandcreativehomemaking.blogspot.com/2012/07/day-10-christmas-in-july.html

    ReplyDelete