Tuesday, September 6, 2011

E.T. Phone Pancakes


My boys recently watched the movie E.T. and loved it! They really wanted E.T. made out of food so we came up with this breakfast. We made this E.T. Breakfast using pancake mix, 1 strawberry, 1 dark grape, whipped cream, and nutella.

This is actually easy to make. I am pretty sloppy with pancakes...really! I just poor out the mix onto the pan and try to shape out a blob of something close enough for me to clean up around the edges with kitchen scissors. 

We shaped the head, arms, neck, nose, etc.. in the pan with our pancake mix. We cut around the edges to shape and used the scraps for the details. My 12 month old also loves the scraps!:) We put a little Nutella in a squeeze bottle (you could use a baggie and snip off the corner) and added the mouth and nose (you could also use mini chocolate chips or raisins for this as well). Cut the end off of a strawberry for the tip of his finger. We sprayed on whipped cream for the eyes and cut 1 dark grape in half for his pupils.

There are so many things you could use...just go with what you have and your little E.T. fan will love this breakfast!!



Let's Stay Connected!!

Follow on Bloglovin


14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....that's the funniest breakfast I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha...thanks! The kids definitely got a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me seriously laugh out loud, love it. The pie up there is cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always deliver. So creative. Sharing on Facebook. Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is adorable, and also to me, hysterical. my boyfriend has what i lovingly refer to as "et toe." writing this out sounds ridiculous, but his one toe is like et's finger. i forwarded this link to him so that he could see. thanks for the smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm Nicole from Romanian Princess. I saw your blog on a link up and decided I better add you! Please return the favor and follow me back at:

    www.romanianprincess.com!

    XoXo Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that REALLY looks like ET! I've been doing that "ouch" finger poke thing with my baby for the last week lol. :o)

    Please feel free to link up your ET pancakes to my Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop! I'd love to have you!! :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great! I never in a million years would have thought of making ET with pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I totally love this! So cute!

    ReplyDelete