Tuesday, August 16, 2011

S'mores Flower Pot Pops


The kids really loved the s'mores ice cream pops that we made so we thought it would be cute to make s'mores flower pots.

To make a flower pot you need 1 large graham cracker, 1 square marshmallow, chocolate and white cookie frosting, 2 large marshmallows, green fruit roll up, colored sprinkles, and a long lollipop stick.

Break the graham cracker in half to make 2 squares. Cut the sides of the square slanted down to look like a flower pot. Squeeze chocolate frosting on both of the inside graham cracker squares. Top one of them with a square marshmallow and press the other graham cracker on top. Set aside to dry.

When dry poke the lollipop stick through the marshmallow and let a couple of inches or so of the stick pop out of the top (leave enough for the flower and stem). Cut a small strip from the green fruit roll up and wrap around the stick. Cut a couple of other small pieces to make the 2 leaves...they will stick. Cut each large marshmallow into 4 slices then cut 3 of those pieces in half with your kitchen scissors....a total of 7 pieces. Use one of the dry sides for the middle of the flower and use the sticky sides of the other marshmallow pieces to dip in whatever colored sprinkles you want to use. Press the middle marshmallow on the top of the stick and glue on the other colored marshmallow slices with white cookie frosting. Set aside and let dry.


The kids really had fun with these!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

23 comments:

  1. Okay...so you don't know how blessed you are to have your boys play in the kitchen with you! I usually have to beg my daughter to come play with me in the kitchen! Anyway...visiting from the hop. Would love a follow back. Make the end of the week great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Would be so much fun for a party!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. how adorable! I absolutely love smores! I am going to feature this on handmade features! feel free to go grab a button! Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings! www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!


    Stop by and link up at What’s Cooking Wednesday!

    http://www.extremepersonalmeasures.com/2011/08/whats-your-favorite-cookbook.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute! I must use this! You always come up with the cutest ideas! Visiting and following from I Love Blogging Hop...hop over to my blog and follow back if you like!

    Jessica
    http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! It is so kid friendly- my daughter will love it. Hope you'll link it and any other kid or teen related posts that you have to our "Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings" party tomorrow!


    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are super cute, but so is your entire blog! I linked to you from This Chic Cooks. You are so creative! I am a new facebook follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so clever... such a cute idea for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. as always, totally clever.

    sharing on Facebook. thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower to your blog. I love all of your ideas. You are so creative!

    Vicky @ http://messforless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute :)

    Thanks for linking up at Tea-Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Your post added to the celebration. Party for this week is going on now. Hope to see you there.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-3-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure you have heard this before, bu it bares repeating. You are BRILLIANT! I love this blog, so many fun ideas! Thanks for sharing, so our families will think we are all brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving these. I thought I had seen everything on a stick but not these. So cute and perfect for kids to help with or for a themed party.
    I would love it if you would share these at my August "It's a Celebration" link party. These have really inspired me.
    Christina
    http://www.inspirationforcelebration.com/2011/08/its-celebration-link-party-august-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. any tips on how to cut the graham crackers without them breaking/cracking/crumbling. yours looks so perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun idea! Looks yummy too! I featured this on my Friday 5, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting! not only it looks delicious but it has a personal touch to it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, friend! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you share your creative posts at my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete