Monday, August 8, 2011

Pooh Pancakes!



We thought it would be cute to make Winnie the Pooh out of pancakes. To make this adorable Pooh you need pancake mix, strawberries, 1 dark grape, & mini chocolate chips (or raisins).

We shaped the main part of the face in the pan with our pancake mix. We made other pancakes out of different shapes to stack on top of the face for the nose, etc... You do not have to be exact at all. Ours were actually pretty sloppy. Just use kitchen scissors to cut around the edges to shape the other pancakes. My 11 month old loves to eat the pancake scraps and I do too!:) Use our picture for a guide when cutting out the shapes.

Slice up some strawberries and shape under the face to look like Pooh's shirt. We used mini chocolate chips for this eyes and mouth. We also used a tiny piece of strawberry for his tongue. We sliced a dark grape in half for the nose.

This probably looks more difficult and time consuming than what it really is. It's actually pretty easy and we made it in no time at all!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

16 comments:

  1. How CUTE! Kids would Luv this, thanks for posting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and fun!! And totally doable even for me who is not a chef ;)

    We host a linky party “Help a Momma Out” every Tuesday. This would be a perfect link up too! Please feel free to add it :) We appreciate it! Thanks for sharing!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!

    I'd love it if you'd share these on our first link party coming up this Thursday! It's a blog party specifically for kids and teens crafts and ideas, so this project would be perfect!

    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!!From now on I follow you with pleasure! My daughter just love Pooh and friends, if you visit me on Zucchero incantato http://tortedafavoladiomaduck.blogspot.com/ you'll see the cake I made for her! I'd love to have among my followers, I like people with fantasy and you have a lot to share!!!!! bye, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, that is about the cutst thing I have ever seen! My boys love Winnie the Pooh! Your blog is darling! I found you via the bloghop and am your newest follower! Would love the follow back! Simple Mom Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for my Behr! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Cute!! Thanks for sharing this with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe how creative you are with food!

    I'm a new follower from Blog It Forward Tuesday and I've added your button to my blog: http://www.lisablogs.com/p/blogs-i-follow.html

    Lisa
    www.LisaBlogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, love that! Can't wait to see the new Winnie-The-Pooh movie :)

    Stopping by and following from the "Welcome Wednesday" blog hop. Would love a follow back :)

    http://www.guitartrump.blogspot.com/

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so cute and fun! I remember having Mickey Mouse pancakes a lot when I was younger and I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to enjoy fun food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much fun! Dropping by from Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop. I am now following you and would love a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My teenaged daughter is SO excited to try this cute idea! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This pancake is the cutest one i have seen in my life.Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My daughter would get crazy over breakfast like this!

    ReplyDelete