Monday, August 1, 2011

Penguin Pancakes


I asked the boys the other morning what they wanted for breakfast and my 7 year old asked for a penguin. We came up with these penguin pancakes and the boys thought it was so cool! Beyond the cuteness I am sure any kid would love it seeing how we made them with chocolate and whipped cream!

We used regular pancake mix and mixed in some cocoa to give it a dark color. Shape the body in the pan. It doesn't have to be perfect...just trim it. Shape the wings and trim off the edges to fit. We used 2 pieces of clementine for the feet and cut another clementine piece in half for the beak. We sprayed on our whipped cream for the belly, eyes, and on the bottom for snow/ice. We used two mini chocolate chips for the eyes.

Such a quick and easy breakfast!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

16 comments:

  1. Adorable! My daughter is super excited to make these now. We looooove pancakes in this house:)
    C:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How cute!!
    Found you ton the Blog it Forward Tuesday blog hop.

    Alexis (The Exhausted Mom)
    http://www.TheExhaustedMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your site, totally creative, I'm happily becoming a follower, my granddtr will love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penguins for breakfast asked as only a 7 year old boy could, although he probably knew his mum could whip up some kind of delish penguin treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be SO MUCH FUN to cook and eat in your home! I have looked through so many of your posts and love them all! I would love for you to link your penguins at my Savvy HomeMade Monday blog party that is open at

    http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I make pancakes every weekend for my kids. This weekend we are definitely having penguin pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! You are one creative lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww! how cute! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO CUTE!!! Thanks fo sharing this...my PANCAKE POSSE is gonna love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was so cute! And creative! Great blog, am a new follower!

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! I don't have kids yet, but I'm sure my fiance would love this! :)

    Visiting from Don't Waste Your Homemaking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing as always! You're featured again this week! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing at For the Kids Fridays at Sun Scholars each week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Just found your blog through the Recipe Link-up and am a new follower! Check out my blog and follow back :)

    Can't wait to try some of your recipes!

    Thanks,
    Krista
    http://www.the-not-so-desperate-chef-wife.com

    (Left you a comment earlier but discovered a typo!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog and love the pancakes!! My hubby and son is trying to experiment your cute penguin this morning:)

    ReplyDelete