Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Porcupine Burgers


We made these cute little porcupine burgers using hamburger buns, Bocca burgers, provolone cheese, barbecue sauce, and pretzel sticks.

We made our burgers and put them on the bun. Break off the tops of the pretzel sticks and put on the top of the bun. Cut the edge off of the cheese and put the rest on the burger. Take the cheese edge and cut 2 small circles for the eyes. We used barbecue sauce for the pupils and nose. You could also just pull off 2 very small pieces of the burger (or raisins) for the pupils if your kids do not like barbecue sauce.

This is the easiest burger to make and the kids thought it was amazing!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

Todays Creative Blog

10 comments:

  1. So much fun!!!! What a great idea!
    http://www.feelinginspiredtoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest idea! My kids just might eat if I put this in front of them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I love it! Now... to find an excuse to make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun idea. I would love it if you came over to my party "Cast Party Wednesday" tomorrow and shared some of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop...love your blog! Stop by - http://www.blended.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!!! My boys would go crazy if I served this. Super cute idea! I'd love for you to come link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday going on right now at www.thrifty101.blogspot.com
    Michelle @ Thrifty 101

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the awesome idea. So adorable I had to pin it! We are hosting a link up party on Friday and would love to see you there!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was searching the internet for edible food crafts for my son who has extreme oral sensitivity when I came across your blog! Both he and I were so excited to see all the fun ideas (not that he'll eat them, but it supposedly is good for him to touch and handle food as much as possible)! This porcupine was our first to try. We just used a wheat bun, pretzels, and mini marshmallows and raisins for the eyes and raisins for the nose (stuck on with pretzels). Very easy and fun; we'll be trying more of your ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome Karis! I hope that he enjoyed seeing it and eating it!!

    ReplyDelete