Thursday, June 2, 2011

PB&J Chicken Lunch


We made this cute chicken lunch using bread, peanut butter, strawberry jelly, carrots, edible eye balls, and Cheetos.

We cut two pieces of bread with kitchen scissors into the shape of the body for the chicken (you could really use any shape for it). Save the scraps. We spread peanut butter and jelly in between the bread. Cut out the scraps for the wings, tale, wattle, and comb. Spread the jelly on the wattle and comb to make it red. Use a baby carrot for the beak. You could also use a carrot for the feet, but my kids really wanted the Cheetos. We used edible eye balls because we had them, but you could just cut a small marshmallow in half and cut a raisin for the eyes.

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

15 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!!!!!! This is so cute! PLEASE share this at my For the Kids Friday Link Party! Love to have you back to link up again this week!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/06/for-kids-friday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO stinkin' cute! What kid wouldn't LOVE to eat this?! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I have 'cooking with kids' on my blog - come by and say hi sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! My boy's obsession with pb&j could only be heightened if I started making them like this! Thanks for sharing!

    Visiting from Amanda's WEekend Bloggy Link Up Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids would have so much fun with these neat sandwiches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I have one very picky eater, and making things look fun really makes a difference (my other kid will eat anything, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! You must be very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable!!! I'm sending this to my family with kids - so cute!

    ~Jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a delicious Summer Recipe! We are hosting "FUN SUMMER RECIPES" at our Linky Party THIS WEEKS CRAVINGS! We'd love for you to come by and link up! (Thanks a million) :-)

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-32-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love this sandwich idea. so great

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following you from Sugar Bee Crafts. Seriously the cutest sandwich I've ever seen. :) Would love to have you link it up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now on my blog. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Thanks for linking up at Fun for Kids Friday.

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopping by to let you know I will be featuring YOU on my blog this Thursday in my {take a look at you} post. :) Thank you so much for linking up at my {wow me} wednesday link up party last week. Tomorrow evening this week's party will be up and running. I'd love to have you link up again! Have a great evening.

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete