Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Octopus Fruit Snack



This is a fun and very easy snack that we came up with one day. We used 1 green apple, green grapes, about 7 mini chocolate chips (you could also use raisins), and 1 mini marshmallow.

We made a small cut on the side of the apple to get it to stand up and not roll over. You could also just cut it in half to make 2...I just wanted to eat the scraps! We cut our grapes in half and placed those on the plate for the octopus arms. We cut the mini marshmallow in half and attached them with peanut butter for the eyes. We also attached the mini chocolate chips to the marshmallow halves and for the mouth.

The kids loved them!

You can also check out our Octopus Fruit Snack in the 2012 August issue of Family Fun Magazine!



Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

11 comments:

  1. Too cute! My kiddos love apples and grapes, although my octopus would have had to have had black grapes for his tentacles. :)
    Following you from the Welcome Wed. hop.
    southernfriedgreenmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest octopus ever! I love it! Hi! I found you through the Wednesday hop. Hope you'll come visit me and follow me back at http://healthykidshappykids.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There! New follower from the hop. Would love it if you could hop over to www.girltechdivas.com and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!! You should check out this octopus dip! I recently posted it on my facebook page. Also a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable!!! My kids will love this...I'm here from It's So Very Cheri! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this octopus fruit snacks.. How adorable. Would be great for a beach theme party. Or under water one. :)


    Would love to invite you to join our party at - Nothing But Country Hope to see you there. :)

    --Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cute! My son would love it! I wish I had an apple! :P Maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I always love your posts and I featured your octopus on my blog. : ) Thanks for linking up with Fun for Kids Friday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww this is cute. May do it for O in my letter learning :)

    ReplyDelete