Saturday, June 11, 2011

Monkey Moon Pie Pops


We came up with these adorable monkeys for my 5 year old preschool class. We used mini chocolate moon pies, vanilla wafers, mini vanilla wafers, mini chocolate chips, edible eye balls, chocolate cookie frosting, and lollipop sticks.

We attached our regular sized vanilla wafers to the moon pie with chocolate frosting for the nose. We attached the mini wafers with the frosting for the ears. We cut the wafer on the edge just a bit to give it a straight edge. We attached our edible eye balls with the frosting. We then attached our mini chocolate chips for the nostrils and piped on the mouth with the frosting. Pop it on a stick and there you go!

The kids fell in love with these and I fell in love with how easy they are! These are great to transfer to parties, etc... They hold up very well and you can do lots of them without spending several hours to do it!

Linking up to these awesome link parties...please check them out!

15 comments:

  1. I love ALL of your ideas! Thank-you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable and fun! My sister is having a baby shower with a monkey theme... these could be a cute little treats to add! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute!!! what brand are the mini moon pies??? need to make thses with the grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I think they are made by Moon Pie. We got them in the cookie section at Kroger grocery store. They were not with the Little Debbie cakes, etc...but could be in other stores. I have seen them in Walmart as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable, and easy too:) A great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Cute! I can't wait to make these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just too fun! Great job!

    Come see me at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so adorable! Of course, I haven't had breakfast yet and now I want a moon pie! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super cute. I son calls himself little monkey (he really is one, LOL) and would be jumping up and down seeing these! Thanks for sharing.

    I'm hosting a cookbook (On A Stick) giveaway on my blog. Please stop by to enter if you haven't done so. Have a wonderful day.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for linking this up... it's so adorable! Love your blog it's super cute and your boys are cutie pies :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable! Very clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A pretty good recipe. I am impressed with the beautiful results, congratulations. I put forward on my French blog with a link to this article.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are super cute, adorable, and very creative
    I LOVE your ideas

    ReplyDelete
  14. The monkey expressions are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are adorable! I really like the facial expressions!

    I'd love for you to link this post to my Finished Friday blog party.

    ReplyDelete