Thursday, March 17, 2011

Leprechaun lunch


What a great way to get a picky 4 year old to eat lots of carrots on this St. Patrick's Day! He wanted peanut butter and jelly so I just tinted apple jelly with a drop of green food coloring. I put it on the outside and the peanut butter inside. I used celery, carrot, and marshmallows on the hat. I took a mini marshmallow and cut it in half. Took a snip out of the top and shaped into a heart to make the clover. I cut the carrots on the beard in half...I didn't want to over load him! A celery nose and raisins on the eyes. I used a twizzler strip for the mouth. Use kitchen scissors to cut the hat out of the bread. It's quick and easy!

7 comments:

  1. Super cute! I've pinned it and am linking to it in my St. Patrick's Day round-up either today or tomorrow. :)

    Aloha,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant use of veggies! I've linked to you here: http://dollarstoremom.com/2012/03/pinterest-picks-green-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Will be doing this.

    I included it on my "A Peek at My Pinterest" St. Patrick's Board post.
    http://www.amytriedit.com/2012/03/peek-at-my-pinterest-st-patricks-day.html

    ReplyDelete